Tuesday, March 11, 2008

bags under $100

I'm a person who feels that accessories can make or break an outfit.

I also love ogling and drooling over the latest high-end designer bags and shoes.

I also love it when a luxury designer creates designs that are accessible to everyone.

Case in point...Lela Rose.

Lela Rose designs for the woman who is not on a budget. If you don't believe me, head on over to net-a-porter.com and check out her clothing line.

Go ahead...I'll wait.

OK...glad to have you back. Did you check out her designs? Drool worthy right? Were they cheap? No...I don't think she had one item under $500 there.

My point is this...when a great designer decides to team up with a budget friendly store...such as Payless here...run, don't walk to your nearest mall.

The bag above is by Lela Rose for Payless and it's her Tess Tote ($22.99). You could get away with this bag for Spring, but I would pack it up for Summer. Come Fall, take it out and enjoy it again. It's got the lady-like frame bag vibe, without being too stuffy. The denim and leather (man-made) is a refreshing combination.

If you're heading over to the Payless site...check out these cute shoes while you're there.



These are both by Abaete for Payless and...like the Lela Rose tote above...are only available online or at select Payless stores.


The style on top is called the Hayworth Flat ($30) and would look great for spring. I'm pairing mine with my skinnies and a tunic. The pair on the bottom are actually on sale. They are her Kimberly Flat and they are retailed at...get this...$15!

Run, don't walk to your nearest Payless store, or payless.com to purchase these and other great styles.


Jennifer
photos courtesy of payless.com

2 comments:

Nicola Pedley said...

All I can say is wow - if I lived in the US I'd be down to a Payless faster than you can say 'hey, that bag's only £10!'

Jennifer said...

LOL! That's how I feel about Topshop! I'm just crossing my fingers that they are really opening a store here in the US. Yay!
Thanks for visiting!